Time: October 22, 2010 from 8am to 12:30pm
Location: Conference Room of the Faculty of Medicine and Health Sciences, Universiti Putra Malaysia
Street: Next to the Serdang Hospital
City/Town: UPM Serdang
Website or Map: http://www.medic.upm.edu.my/
Event Type: seminar, series
Organized By: Michael (King-Hwa) Ling
Latest Activity: Oct 7, 2010
A neuroscience seminar series that feature the following topics:
1) Assoc Prof Paul Thomas (Australia) - "Identifying mechanisms of brain and gonad development using Sox3 transgenic mice"
2) Dr Sharmili Vidyadaran Menon (UPM) - "Modulatory effects of mesenchymal stem cells on microglial inflammatory responses"
3) Dr Cheah Pike See (UPM) - "Role of 14-3-3-zeta in hippocampal neuronal migration, spatial learning, memory and behavioural functions"
4) Mr Michael KH Ling (UPM) - "The role of long non-coding RNAs during brain development"
5) Dr Mohamad Aris Mohd Mokhlas (UPM) - "Does long-term cannabis use disrupt brain function; what can we learn from animal studies?"
6) Dr Norshariza Nordin (UPM) - "Roles of canonical Wnt signaling during differentiation process of mouse embryonic stem cells into neurons"
~~~Free registration, seminar materials and refreshment but RSVP is required~~~
Time: 8AM - 12PM
Venue: Main Conference Room of FMHS, UPM, Serdang, Selangor DE, Malaysia.
Name: Michael KH Ling
For Registration: Send me your name, contact (email/tel), affiliation and position.
Who should attend: Scientists, graduate/final year undergraduate students and anyone who find it interesting.
Request: Please help me to disseminate the information to anyone that might have interest in the topics.