This group is intended for those interested in cellular and network mechanisms and the functional significance of normal and pathological synchronization and oscillations observed in small invertebrate to large cortical neuronal networks.
The Organization for Computational Neurosciences (OCNS) organizes the international Computational Neuroscience meeting (CNS) each year. CNS is a premier forum for experimental and theoretical results addressing computation in the brain.
Atlanta is a hot-spot (no pun intended) for interdisciplinary collaboration among Neuroscientists and home to numerous institutions contributing to basic, theoretical, and clinical research at the highest levels.
1. Spitzer, N., Cymbalyuk, G., Zhang, H., Edwards, D.H., Baro, D.J. (2008) Serotonin transduction cascades mediating variable changes in pyloric network cycle frequency in response to the same modulatory challenge. J Neurophysiol 99(6):2844-2863. Epub 2008 Apr 9.
2. Channell P, Cymbalyuk G, Shilnikov A (2007) Origin of bursting through homoclinic spike adding in a neuron model. Phys Review Letters 98 (13): Art. No. 134101
3. Channell P, Cymbalyuk G, Shilnikov A (2007) Applications of the Poincaré mapping technique to analysis of neuronal dynamics. Neurocomputing 70(10-12): 2107-2111
4. Olypher, A.V., Cymbalyuk, G., Calabrese, R.L. (2006) Hybrid Systems Analysis of the Control of Burst Duration by Low-Voltage-Activated Calcium Current in Leech Heart Interneurons. J Neurophysiol. 96: 2857-2867
5. Weerasekara, A.B., Matsik, S.G., Cymbalyuk, G.S., and Perera A.G.U. (2006) Grouping behavior of inter-pulse time intervals for triggered pulses in an AlGaAs/InGaAs multilayer structure Physica D: Nonlinear Phenomena 215: 159-165
6. Shilnikov, A. L., Calabrese R. and Cymbaluyk, G. (2005) Mechanism of bi-stability: tonic spiking and bursting in a neuron model. Phys Review E 71, 056214, 1-9
7. Cymbaluyk, G. & Shilnikov, A.L. (2005) Coexistence of tonic spiking oscillations in a leech neuron model, J. Computational Neuroscience 18(3):255-263
8. Shilnikov, A. L. and Cymbaluyk, G. (2005) Transition between tonic-spiking and bursting in a neuron model via the blue-sky catastrophe, Phys Review Letters 94(4):048101, 1-4
9. Cymbalyuk, G., Calabrese R. and Shilnikov, A. L., (2005) How a neuron model can demonstrate co-existence of tonic spiking and bursting? Neurocomputing 65-66: 869-875
10. Bondarenko, V.E., Cymbalyuk, G.S., Patel, G., DeWeerth, S.P., Calabrese, R.L. (2004) Bifurcation of a synchronous oscillations into torus in a system of two reciprocally inhibitory silicon neurons: Experimental observation and modeling, Chaos, 14(4): 995-1003.
11. Shilnikov, A. L. and Cymbalyuk, G. (2004) Homoclinic saddle-node orbit bifurcations en a route between tonic spiking and bursting in neuron models. Reg. & Chaotic Dynamics 9: 281-297
12. Sorensen, M., DeWeerth, S., Cymbalyuk, G., Calabrese, R.L. (2004) Using a hybrid neural system to reveal regulation of neuronal network activity by an intrinsic current. J Neurosci. 24(23):5427-5438
13. Wenning A, Cymbalyuk GS, Calabrese RL. (2004) Heartbeat Control in Leeches: I. Constriction Pattern and Neural Modulation of Blood Pressure in Intact Animals. J Neurophysiol. 91(1): 382-396
14. Simoni M, Sorensen M, Cymbalyuk G, Calabrese R, DeWeerth S (2004) A multiconductance silicon neuron with biologically matched dynamics IEEE Trans on Biomed Eng 51 (2): 342-354
15. Bondarenko, V.E., Cymbalyuk, G.S., Patel, G., DeWeerth, S.P., Calabrese, R.L. (2003) A bifurcation of a synchronous oscillations into a torus in a system of two mutually inhibitory aVLSI neurons: experimental observation Neurocomputing 52-4: 691-698
16. Simoni M, Sorensen M, Cymbalyuk G, Calabrese R, DeWeerth S (2002) Control of bursting properties in a silicon neuron CPG. Neurocomputing 44: 645-651
17. Cymbalyuk GS, Gaudry Q, Masino M, and Calabrese RL (2002) Bursting in leech heart interneurons: cell autonomous and network based mechanisms. J Neuroscience. 22:10580-10592
18. Cymbalyuk G.S. and Calabrese R.L. (2001) A model of slow plateau-like oscillations based upon the fast Na+ current in a window mode. Neurocomputing 38: 159-166
19. Cymbalyuk GS and Calabrese RL (2000) Oscillatory behaviors in pharmacologically isolated heart interneurons from the medicinal leech. Neurocomputing, 32-33, 97-104
20. Cymbalyuk G, Patel G, and Calabrese R, DeWeerth S, and Cohen A (2000) Modeling Alternation to Synchrony with Inhibitory Coupling: A VLSI Approach. Neural Computation 12, 2259-2278
21. Cymbalyuk GS, Borisyuk RM, Mueller-Wilm U, and Cruse H (1998) Oscillatory network controlling six-legged locomotion. Optimization of model parameters. Neural Networks 11: 1449-1460
You need to be a member of The NeuroNetwork to add comments!