"Thanks Prof. Perry. But i think new evidence is emerging which implicates nuclear tau as having neuroptotective role - see the paper by a french team - Sultan et al. (2011) : Nuclear Tau, a Key Player in Neuronal DNA Protection. Another study by a…"
Hello allAlthough, I am new to this group, but I wish we can start a discussion here on the role of tau in AD, its seems like it plays a dwell role in AD - protective and pro-degenerative, depending on the time course of the disease and its spatial and temporal conformation. How do you think about this.See More
Alzheimer's and related dementias share much in common despite their disparate etiologies. Much can be done to prevent cognitive decline through diet, exercise, affect regulation and social connectedness. Share your research, thoughts and theories.See More
Gombe State University, College of Medical Science, Department of Human Anatomy, Gombe, Tudun Wada
1. M.B. Maina, S.H. Garba and T.W. Jacks, 2008. Histological Evaluation of the Rats Testis Following Administration of a Herbal Tea Mixture. Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 3: 464-470.
2. Raji, J.M., S.H. Garba, A.I. Numan, M.A. Waziri and M.B. Maina, 2010. Morphological evaluation of head and face shapes in a North-Eastern Nigerian population. Aust. J. Basic Applied Sci., 4: 3338-3341.
3. M.B. Maina, Y.C. Shapu, S.H. Garba, M.A. Muhammad, A.M. Garba, A.U. Yaro and O.N. Omoniyi, 2011. Assessments of Cranial Capacities in a North-Eastern Adult Nigerian Population. Journal of Applied Sciences, 11: 2662-2665.
4. M.B. Maina, O. Mahdi and G.D. Kalayi, 2011. Study of Vertical and Transverse Cephalic Indices in Three Ethnic Groups of North-eastern Nigerian Origin. Trends in Applied Sciences Research, 6: 1280-1286.
5. M. B. Maina, O. Mahdi and G. G. Kalayi. 2011. Sexual dimorphism in cranial dimensions among three ethnic groups of North-Eastern Nigeria. Am. J. Sci. Ind. Res., 2(6): 871-876.
You need to be a member of The NeuroNetwork to add comments!