This group is intended for those interested in cellular and network mechanisms and the functional significance of normal and pathological synchronization and oscillations observed in small invertebrate to large cortical neuronal networks.
Atlanta is a hot-spot (no pun intended) for interdisciplinary collaboration among Neuroscientists and home to numerous institutions contributing to basic, theoretical, and clinical research at the highest levels.
The Organization for Computational Neurosciences (OCNS) organizes the international Computational Neuroscience meeting (CNS) each year. CNS is a premier forum for experimental and theoretical results addressing computation in the brain.
Postdocs are at the cross-roads of education and profession, and we face unique professional and social challenges, particularly in the current academic and economic climates. This group is intended for sharing related insights strategies & comments.See More
respiratory rhythm, dynamical systems, mathematical modeling of neuronal activity.
Washington and Lee University
PhD Advisor and University:
Richard Bertram, Florida Stater University
6. Toporikova N., Tabak J., Freeman M., Bertram R. A-type K+ current can act as a trigger for bursting in the absence of a slow variable. Neural Computation, 2008, 20(2)
5. Tabak J., Toporikova N., Freeman M., Bertram R. Low dose of dopamine may stimulate prolactin secretion by increasing fast potassium currents. J. Comput. Neurosci., 2007 Apr;22(2):211-22.
4. Bertram R., Tabak J., Toporikova N. Models of hypothalamus. Scholarpedia (an online per-reviewed encyclopedia edited by E. Izhikevich), 2006 p.5938
3. Bertram R., Tabak J., Toporikova N., Freeman M.E. Endothelin action on pituitary lactotrophs: one receptor, many GTP-binding proteins. Science STKE, 2006 Jan 24; (319):pe4, Review.
2. Bertram R., Egli M., Toporikova N., Freeman M.E. A mathematical model for the mating-induced prolactin rhythm of female rats. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab., 2006 Mar; 290(3):E573-82.
1. Egli M., Bertram R., Toporikova N., Sellix M.T., Blanco W., Freeman M.E. Prolactin secretory rhythm of mated rats induced by a single injection of oxytocin. Am. J. Physiol. Endocrinol. Metab., 2006 Mar; 290(3):E566-72.
You need to be a member of The NeuroNetwork to add comments!