"From fundamental point of view, we agreed on the stochastic nature of brain signals. This definitely applies to the related signals to epilepsy or Alzheimer or schizophrenia. These signals are stochastic in terms of their amplitude variation with…"
"Yes Prof. analyzing ERP is different from analyzing (deterministic) structures like the cerebellar surface. In the case of cerebellar surface the process (surface) is well-defined and can be accurately modeled. Contrary to that, the ERP is generated…"
The EEG signal is random because of the underlying stochastic process of the brain. Accordingly, the way we do the measurement (number of channels, or positions of electrodes) will not have any impact on the stochastic nature of the…"
A signal is deterministic if it is exactly predictable for the time span of interest. Deterministic signals can be described by mathematical models.
Unlike deterministic signals, stochastic signals, or random signals cannot be…"
UTP is moving from two semisters to three semisters system and this due to start by the new year, so we don't know exactly when is the semister break. I will update you soon on this matter."
A group of scientists ranging from mathematicians,physicists,computer scientists,neurologist,neurosurgeons,psychologists,electrical and electronic engineers,signal processors and analyses specialists who are interested researchers in this fieldSee More
Prof. Roman Salamon at Technical University of Gdansk (Poland)
1. Mohd Zuki Yusoff, N. Kamel, A Time-Domain Subspace Technique for Estimating Visual Evoked Potential Latencies, International Journal of Computer Science and Network Security, Vol. 10, No. 1, 2010.
2. M. Nerma, N. Kamel, V. Jeoti, , Performance Analysis of a Novel OFDM System Based on Dual – Tree Complex Wavelet Transform (DT-CWT), UbiCC Journal, Volume 4, Number 3, August 2009.
2. M. Nerma, V. Jeoti, N. Kamel, An OFDM System Based on Dual Tree Complex Wavelet Transform (DT-CWT), International Journal of Signal Processing, Vol. 3, July 2009.
3. R. Manzoor, R. Ghani, V. Jeoti, N. Kamel, DWPT Based FFT and ITS Application to SNR Estimation in OFDM Systems, International Journal of Signal Processing, Vol. 3, July 2009.
5. Nidal Kamel, Shohel Sayeed, A Sensor-Based Approach for Dynamic Signature Verification using Data Glove, International Journal of Signal Processing, vol 2, Nr 1, March 2008.
6. Nidal Kamel, Shohel Sayeed, Grant Ellis, Data glove-based signature verification technique, IEEE Trans on Pattern Analysis and Machine Intelligence, vol 30, Nr 6, June 2008.
7. Nidal Kamel, Shohel Sayeed, SVD-based Signature Verification Technique, International Journal of Pattern Recognition and Artificial Intelligence, vol 22, Nr 3, May 2008.
8. Nidal Kamel, Varun Jeoti, A linear prediction based estimation of signal-to-noise ratio in AWGN channel, Journal of Electronic and Telecommunication Institute (ETRI), vol. 29, Nr 5, October 2007, Rep. of Korea.
9. Nidal. Kamel, Arash Mousavi, Andrews Samraj, Whitening of background brain via parametric modeling, Discrete dynamics, Hindawi publication 2007.
10. K. S. Sim, N. Kamel, H. T. Chuah,” A Real-time Image Dynamic Range Compensation for SEM Imaging System”, Journal of Scanning Microscopes, Vol 27, Nr 4, 2005, N.J. John Wiley publication.
11. N. Kamel, K. S. Sim H. T. Chuah,”Autoregressive Wiener Filtering in a Scanning Electron Microscopy Imaging System,” Journal of Scanning Microscopes, Vol 27, Number 3 ,2005, N. J, John Wiley publication.
12. N. Kamel, P. Sankaran, B. Venkatesh, ”Fault Current Predetermination using time – limited ct Secondary side measurements by the covariance-Prony”, IEE Proceedings - Generation, Transmission and Distribution, Vol 151, 735-793, Nov. 2004.
13. Kok-Swee Sim, Nidal S. Kamel, H. T. Chuah “The Effect of Brightness and Contrast Adjustment on Image Saturation”, Journal on Imaging Science, Systems and Technology, 2004
14. N. Kamel, K. S. Sim, “Image SNR and Noise Variance Estimation Using Autoregressive Model”. Journal of Scanning Microscopes. Vol 26, 277-282, 2004, N.J, John Wiley publication.
15. K. S. Sim, N. S. Kamel, “Image Signal-to-Noise Ratio Estimation Using the Autoregressive Model”. Journal of Scanning Microscopes, vol 26, 135-139, 2004, N.J, John Wiley publication.
16. Nidal Kamel, “Analyzing the Spatial Smoothing Scheme of Tufts & Kumaresan Method”, Int. Journal on Applied Signal Processing, vol 2, 110-116 March 2002.
1. M. Zuki Yusoff and Nidal Kamel, "Estimation of Visual Evoked Potentials for Measurement of Optical Pathway Conduction," the 17th European Signal Processing Conference, 2009 (EUSIPCO 2009), Glasgow, Scotland, August 24-28, 2009.
2. Z. Baharudin, N. Kamel, The MFBLP Forecast for Regional Load Demand System, The 3rd Power Engineering and Optimization Conference, UiTM University, June 2009, Malaysia.
3. Z. Baharudin, N. Kamel , Modeling Regional Grid System for Short Term Load Forecast, International Association of Science and Technology for Development (IASTED), Palma, Spain, September 2009.
4. Ahmed Jad Elrab, Nidal Kamel, Performance Evaluation of Smart Antennas Algorithms for (3G) WCDMA Uplink, Conference on Innovative Technologies in Intelligent Systems & Industrial Applications (CITISIA2009), July 2009, Monash University, Malaysia.
5. Ahmed Jad Elrab, Nidal Kamel, Smart antennas investigations for (3G) WCDMA Reverse Link, Conference on Innovative Technologies in Intelligent Systems & Industrial Applications (CITISIA2009), July 2009, Monash University, Malaysia.
6. Roshanak Rahmat, Nidal Kamel, Norashikin Yehya, SVD-based Signature Verification Technique, Conference on Innovative Technologies in Intelligent Systems & Industrial Applications (CITISIA2009), July 2009, Monash University, Malaysia.
7. Roshanak Rahmat, Nidal Kamel, Norashikin Yehya, Principle Subspace-Based Signature Verification Technique using Reduced-Sensors Data Glove, EDAS, August 2009, KL, Malaysia.
8. M. Nerma, N. Kamel, V. Jeoti, On DT-CWT Based OFDM: PAPR Analysis, 7th International Woekshop on Multi-carrier System & Solutions (MC-SS 2009), 5-6 May 2009, Herrsching, Germany.
9. M. Nerma, N. Kamel, V. Jeoti, The performance of OFDM System Based on Dual-Tree Complex Wavelet Transform, the 8th WSEAS International Conference on Signal Processing, 30 May -01 June 2009 Istanbul, Turkey.
10. Rana Shahid Manjoor, Regina Gani, Varun Jeoti, Nidal, Kamel and Muhammad Asif, Implementation of FFT Using Discrete Wavelet Packet Transform (DWPT) and Its Application to SNR Estimation in OFDM Systems. ITSIM08, 26th – 29th August 08, Kuala Lumpur.
11. Rana Shahid Manjoor, Varun Jeoti, Nidal, Kamel and Muhammad Asif, A Novel Noise Power and SNR Estimation in WiMAX Systems. ITSIM08, 26th – 29th August 08, Kuala Lumpur.
12. Rana Shahid Manjoor, Varun Jeoti, Nidal, Kamel and Muhammad Asif, A Novel Front-end Noise Power and SNR Estimation Using Wavelet Packets in OFDM Systems. WINSYS , 20th – 23rd July, 2008, Porto, Portugal.
13. Z. Baharudin, N. Kamel," AR Modified Covariance in One Week Ahead Short Term Load Forecast", IASTED, Power and Energy Systems, Langkawi Malaysia, 2-4 Apr 2008.
14. Z. Baharudin, N. Kamel," ARMA versus AR in Short Term Load Forecast", International Power Engineering & Optimization Conference, Shah Alam Malaysia, 4-5 Jun 2008.
15. Z. Baharudin, N. Kamel," Autoregressive Models in Short Term Load Forecast:A Comparison of AR and ARMA" International Symposium on Forecasting, Nice, France, 22-25 Jun 2008.
16. N. Kamel and M. Zuki Yusoff, " A Generalized Subspace Approach for Estimating Visual Evoked Potentials," presented at the 30th Annual International Conference of the IEEE Engineering in Medicine and Biology Society (IEEE EMBC'08), Vancouver, Canada, August 20-24, 2008.
17. M. Zuki Yusoff, N. Kamel and A. Fadzil M Hani, " Single-Trial Extraction of Visual Evoked Potentials from the Brain," presented at the 16th European Signal Processing Conference (EUSIPCO 2008), Lausanne, Switzerland, August 25-29, 2008.
18. Zuki Yusof, Nidal Kamel, Ahamad Fadzil, “ Single-Trial Extraction of Visual Evoked Potentials from the Brain”, European Conference on Signal Processing 2008 (EUSIPCO 2008).
19. Nidal Kamel, Zuhairi Hj Baharudin, “The Autoregressive Model in Short Term Load Forecast: A Comparison of AR and ARMA”, The 28th Annual International Symposium on Forecasting (ISF2008), Nice, France.
20. Nidal Kamel, Ahmed Jadelrab, Performance Analysis of Non-blind Adaptive beamforming techniques on Beamformer-Rake receiver for (3G) WCDMA reverse link, International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering , May, 2008, Malaysia.
21. Nidal Kamel, Ahmed Jadelrab, Comparative Study of Pilot Symbol Assisted (PSA) Beamforming techniques on Beamformer-Rake receiver for (3G) WCDMA reverse link, International Conference on Computer and Communication Engineering, May, 2008, Malaysia.
22. Nidal Kamel, Z. Baharudin, One Week Ahead Short Term Load Forecasting, Proceeding of European Power and Energy Systems
Palma De Mallorca, Spain, 2007.
23. Z. Baharudin, N. Kamel," Short Term Load Forecast Using Burg Autoregressive Technique," ICIAS, KL, Malaysia, 25-28 Nov 2007.
24. Rana Shahid Manzoor, Nidal Kamel, Varun Jeoti, Front End Estimation Of Noise Power And SNR In OFDM Systems, ICIAS,2007, Malaysia.
25. M. El-Shiaiek, Nidal Kamel, Azman Awan, Using SNR as a routing algorithm metric in Wireless Mesh Networks, Curtin, Sarawak, 2007.
26. Nidal Kamel, Shohail Sayeed, Virtual Reality Based Dynamic Signature Verification Using Data glove, ICIAS2007, Malaysia.
27. M. Housain, Nidal Kamel, Varun Jeoti, Precoding Based Novel Multiuser OFDM System, ICIAS07, Malaysia.
28. Mohd Zukii Yusoff, Nidal Kamel Estimation of Visual Evoked Potentials using a Signal Subspace Approach, ICIAS 2007, Malaysia.
29. Zuhairi Baharudin & Nidal Kamel One Week Ahead Short Term Load Forecasting of the Malaysian Grid, ICIAS 2007, Malaysia.
30. Nidal Kamel, Shohel Sayeed, and Rosli Besar “Dynamic Signature Verification Using Sensor Based Data Glove,” Proceedings of 8th International Conference on Signal Processing, pp. 2387-2390, Nov. 2006, Guilin, China.
31. Nidal Kamel, Shohel Sayeed "Dynamic Signature Identification and Forgery Detection Using Data Glove". Proceedings of International Symposium on Information and Communications Technologies, Malaysia. 16-17 Nov. 2006, pp. 46-51.
32. Nidal Kamel, Varun Jeoti” Linear Prediction-Based Approach to SNR estimation in AWGN Channel” 23rd Biennial Symposium in Telecommunication, May 2006, Queens University, Kingston, Canada.
33. Nidal Kamel, Andrew Samraj“Criterion for Target Confirmation of VEP in Single Trial through Channel Correlation Method”, ACIT’2005 Conference, Jordan.
34. Nidal Kamel, Sim Kok Swee, and H. T. Chuah “Scanning Electron Microscope (SEM) assessment system using the Autoregressive (AR) Technique”, Proceedings of the 2005 International Conference on Imaging Science, Systems and Technology (Vision’05), 20-23 Jun 2005, Las Vegas, USA.
35. Nidal Kamel, Andrew Samraj, "Single Trial VEP Source Separation by Selective Eigen Rate Principal Components," 5th International Enformatika Conference, pp. 330-333, August 2005, Prague, Czech Republic.
36. Nidal Kamel, Ammar Wahab “Particle Swarm Optimization for Bluetooth Scatternet Formation,” The 2ed Int. Conference on Mobile Technology, Applications and Systems, 15-17 Nov. 2005, Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.
37. Andrew Samraj, Nidal Kamel, “Single Trial VEP Source Separation Through Sandwich Spectral Power Ratio Method”, Proceedings of International Conference on Signal Processing, CCSP Nov- 2005, Kula Lumpur, Malaysia.
38. Sim Kok Swee, and Nidal Kamel, “The Effect of brightness and contrast adjustment on image saturation”, The 2004 International Conference on Imaging Science, Systems, and Technology, Monte Carlo Resort, Las Vegas, Nevada, June 21-24, 2004.
39. Nidal Kamel, “The Modified-Tufts & Kumaresan Method for Direction-of-Arrivals Estimation”, IEEE PROVISP 2003, Penang, Malaysia.
40. Nidal Kamel, “The spatial smoothing aspects of The Tufts & Kumaresan Method”, The Annual International Symposium on Telecommunication "IST 2003", Esfahan, Iran.
41. Nidal Kamel, “Estimation of Frequencies of Multiple Sinusoids” IEEE conference on Circuits & Systems, Amman, Jordan, 1998.
42. Nidal Kamel and Roman Salamon, “High Resolution Sonar”, DAGA, Frankfurt am Main, Germany, 1993.
43. Nidal Kamel and Roman Salamon “Localization of Sonar Objects”, DAGA, Berlin, W. Germany, 1992.
44. Nidal Kamel and Roman Salamon “High resolution sonar signal processing for DOA estimation”, Int Symposium on Hydroacoustics, Gdansk, Poland, 1991.
45. Nidal Kamel, “Statistical studies of the Multiple Signal Classification (MUSIC) algorithm”, Int Symposium on Hydroacoustics, Gdansk, Poland, 1989.
Comment Wall (1 comment)
You need to be a member of The NeuroNetwork to add comments!